Belated post since it’s already June, but to be fair, I didn’t get my box until last week. Despite the late arrival of the box, I have to say this is my favorite thus far.
With every box, you have three options: (1) let everything be a surprise, (2) choose one product yourself, and let the rest of the box be a surprise, or (3) choose a box with pre-selected products. This month, I chose to customize my SPF option, and I wasn’t disappointed with that or the rest of the box.
- Raw Spirit Fragrances Citadelle Eau de Parfum Rollerball (Full-size: 7.5 ml, $40.00): This is the only product this month that I was really meh about. I don’t have anything bad to say about the fragrance itself. However, I’m not amazed by it, and I have similar but better smelling ones in my collection already. It’s definitely not worth the hefty $40 for just a rollerball. Also, the sample packaging is very poor – it’s neither a spray or a rollerball, and every time I open the cap I feel like I’m going to spill it everywhere.
- Davines OI All in One Milk (Full-size: 135 ml, $30.00): Loved this. After using this, my hair was soft and in nice, loose waves comparable to those that I get when I use bumble and bumble’s Don’t Blow It (5 oz, $31.00). I’m definitely considering purchasing a full-size when I’m out of this generously sized sample.
- Davine’s OI Shampoo (Full-size: 280 ml, $28.00) and Conditioner (Full-size: 250 ml, $34.00): Great shampoo and conditioner. They both smell amazing, and my hair feels clean and soft after use. The samples were really small (one-time use packets), but I can’t complain because they were bonus samples. I probably won’t ever purchase either though, because I have drugstore shampoos that do a good job on my hair already.
- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (Full-size: 0.07 oz, $18.00): This was amazing. Honestly, when I first opened it up, I thought it was going to be horrible because the tip didn’t look very thin at all. However, upon using it, I realized that wasn’t the case. It was really easy to control and draw really nice, even wings. The black is also very dark and didn’t fade throughout the day. No smudging either. I’d definitely purchase this in the future.
- Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel – Body (Full-size: 5.4 oz, $34.00): I’ve only used this twice, and I’m already planning to purchase a full-size. I used it on my legs before a shave, and it definitely made a difference in the end result. My legs were much smoother and didn’t have as many ingrown hairs. Keep in mind though that for this product to work properly, your skin can’t be too wet.
- COOLA Classic Face Sport SPF 50 White Tea (Full-size: 1.7 oz, $32.00): Considering the size of the sample’s packaging, I was expecting to get more product, so that was quite disappointing. Otherwise, it’s a great product. It’s hard to measure whether it really protected my skin from the sun, but it’s lightweight, doesn’t make my skin greasy or aggravate it, and doesn’t smell like sunscreen. It’s definitely a good SPF product for people who spend a lot of time outdoors.
Final verdict: My favorite box so far. 😀 The only product I disliked was the fragrance, but those are always hit-or-miss. I’m looking forward to next month’s box.