Even more belated than last month, as it’s already nearing the halfway point of July, but I still wanted to talk about the June box because it was pretty awesome.
No pictures for this month, as I moved and in the rush to move in before my new job started, I forgot to pack my camera. I’ve had some time to try each product this time though, so here’s what I got and mini-reviews for each product:
- Balance Me Congested Skin Serum (Full-size: 15 ml, $30): This serum felt really nice on my skin, but the scent is so overbearing (and chemical) that I don’t think I’d ever incorporate it long-term into my skincare routine. I have other products that do similar things already that have more tolerable or better scents.
- Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel – 5 Deep (Full-size: 0.1 oz, $24): I have pretty thick brows naturally, so I don’t really need to do much with them. Still, sometimes I feel like some parts of my brows are a little too sparse, and this product does a great job of remedying that. The sample was really well-sized this month, and I’m excited to try out the new packaging.
- Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator – Gilded Honey (Full-size: 0.16 oz, $26): I’ve been meaning to try this product for the longest time because so many beauty Youtubers rave about it. After getting the sample and trying it for myself, I can see why. The consistency of the highlighter is amazing, and it applies so beautifully onto my skin. I’m definitely purchasing this full-size in the future.
- Lavanila The Healthy Sunscreen Sport Luxe Face & Body Cream SPF 30 (Full-size: 2.5 oz, $22): It’s always hard to review a sunscreen and say whether or not it helped with sun protection. Sun protection aside though, I really did not enjoy this product. The consistency was a little off to me, and there was a pink cast (almost like a tinted moisturizer, but just pink) when I put it on my skin. I lent it to my friend to use as well when we were outdoors, and she had the same issue. Definitely would not purchase this myself, especially when there are sunscreens out there with better consistency, higher SPF, and no pink cast.
- Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow (Full-size: $1.6 oz, 28): I’m always happy to receive a glowy product, and this product definitely deserves its name. My face looked dewy upon application, and it was very lightweight yet gave me decent (lightweight-medium) coverage. The shade of this also matches my skintone really well.
Final verdict: Despite my disappoint with the sunscreen, everything else was so good that I was still very happy with the box.