As I’m sure most of you know, Sephora offers a free birthday gift every year to its Beauty Insiders. It’s a pretty generous gift, given that you don’t have to redeem it with a purchase, and it’s usually a couple of deluxe sample sizes in a little birthday gift set. This year, there is the choice of a Caudalie skincare set, a Tarte makeup set, or a Jack Black moisturizing and cleansing duo.
When I was redeeming my birthday gift, I realized that I hadn’t redeemed any of my points in a good while. Then, I got sucked in by the face masks, and ended up picking up some of those as well. Consequently, I ended up with a little haul… and well, I guess at least I can share with you all what I got!
- Caudalie Moisturizer and Serum Set (0.33 oz each): I am currently using the Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum (1 oz, $49) and loving it, so I figured this birthday gift would be a good opportunity to try other products in the line. The set includes the Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet (1.3 oz, $39) and the Vinoperfect Radiance Serum (1 oz, $79).
- SEPHORA Collection Sleeping Masks ($4 each): I got three of these, in green tea, pomegranate, and rose. I love these because they’re such easy masks to use – usually, I put this on as the last step of my nighttime skincare routine, in place of my usual moisturizer. A little goes a long way, so you can use each packet a handful of times before it’s gone. They’re good for travel too, since they take up so little space. Honestly though, from the times I’ve used these masks, I haven’t seen much difference between the different masks. Regardless, I would recommend them because they’re affordable, and every time I use one, I wake up with moisturized, dewy skin.
- Tatcha’s The Water Cream (0.17 oz, 100 points): I’ve been wanting to try this since my friend recommended it to me, and when I saw this available in the Rewards Boutique, I added it to my cart without a second thought. Also, considering how the full-size of this product (1.7 oz) is a hefty $68, redeeming this reward was such a steal.
- SUNDAY RILEY U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil (0.17 oz, 100 points): Another steal, considering the largest size of this product (1.18 oz) is $80. I’ve never tried any Sunday Riley products, and this product is supposed to help smooth skin.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua XL Color Paint Shadow in Iridescent Warm Beige: (0.05 oz, 100 points): I’ve been hearing quite a few beauty vloggers rave about this, so I got curious. The full size (0.16 oz) retails at $25.
I’m going to be traveling for ten days next month, so I’ll be trying all of these little minis then. I’ll make sure to update you guys on my thoughts after I try them!
If you’ve already had your birthday this year, which gift did you get, and did you like it? If you haven’t, which gift do you want? Let me know in the comments!