My first empties post! As I usually throw away my containers as soon as I’m done with a product, it took me some time to accumulate enough trash to write one of these posts. Keep reading to see what I’ve used up and what I thought of them! If I’ve talked about a product on my blog before, my opinion may have changed since I last mentioned it.
Products will be listed from left to right, top down:
- The Body Shop Strawberry Shower Gel (25.4 fl oz/750 ml), currently $14): The Body Shop’s shower gels never disappoint, and they’re so affordable when they’re on sale. I’ve since moved on to the pink grapefruit one, which is my favorite scent.
- Pixi Glow Tonic (3.4 fl oz, $15): One of my favorite toners, since it gently exfoliates the face with glycolic acid while prepping the face for the next skincare steps. The Glow Tonic contains 5% glycolic acid, and I will be trying The Ordinary’s Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution (240 ml, $8.70) soon to compare the two products.
- Kiehl’s Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate ($58 for 1.7 fl oz, or $77 for 2.5 fl oz): I’ve written a review on this previously. I really liked it, but I realized that after I finished using it, I didn’t miss applying it either. I might revisit this in the future, once I’ve used up more of my skincare inventory.
- e.l.f. Hydrogel Under Eye Mask ($8 for a set of 3): This is a great affordable option for undereye masks. I find them similar to Skyn Iceland’s Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels ($30 for a set of 8 or $15 for a set of 4), and they’re slightly cheaper. I do find Skyn Iceland’s slightly more effective for me, but overall these were great, soothing and depuffing my under eye area.
- Kate Somerville Exfolikate (2 fl oz, $85 or 5 fl oz, $175): I was always ambivalent about this exfoliator, until I realized recently that I had been using it incorrectly the whole time… You’re supposed to massage it onto your face, leave it on as a mask, then rinse off. It was too late for me to try it this way though, as I had already used it up, and I’m not too keen on splurging on this because I don’t think my skin really will benefit from regular use of this. I am interested in trying out a Kate Somerville facial some day though, so there’s that to look forward to.
- Acure Organics Seriously Glowing Serum (1 oz, $19.98): I was ambivalent about this serum, which really was an oil. It was pretty nice to use and indeed gave me a nice glow, but it can’t beat Julep’s Boost Your Radiance Reparative Rosehip Seed Facial Oil, one of my favorite skincare products ever.
- Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum (1 oz, $49): I had bought this because it had been on sale on Birchbox, but I really ended up liking it. It was a great moisturizing serum that absorbed quickly and really gave my skin an extra boost of moisture. That being said, I’m not sure I would repurchase this again, though it’s definitely made me want to check out other Caudalie products in this line.
- Glossier Milk Jelly Cleanser (6 fl oz, $18): I’ve most recently mentioned this in my August Favorites, and my thoughts on it hasn’t changed – I still love it as a morning moisturizer. This will definitely come back into my skincare rotation in the future.
- Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-Tox Hydra-Gel Eye Patches ($48 for a set of 30): I really wanted to give this a try since I like Peter Thomas Roth’s Cucumber Gel Mask (5 oz, $52), but I had mixed feelings about this. The eye gels were very stiff, and the shape didn’t mold to my under eye very well, so they were a bit uncomfortable to wear. I also felt that they weren’t as effective as the other eye patches I’ve mentioned in this post. I’m glad I only bought one set during Peter Thomas Roth’s travel size sale. I wouldn’t recommend purchasing the travel size at full price, because it was already $3 at discount.
- Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Defrizzing Shampoo (8.5 fl oz, $22) and Conditioner (8.5 fl oz, $24): I had previously featured these in my Posh VoxBox review. As much as I liked these, I don’t plan on repurchasing them because they’re not for my hair type, and I still have other shampoos and conditioners that I like more.
Did you guys use up any products this month? Are you going to repurchase them?