I’ve taken a couple of weeks off posting here, but the Sephora VIB sale, kicking off today, was good motivation for me to end my break and share with you guys what I’d hauled last week when the sale was open only to Rouge members.
I purchased five items and redeemed two point perks this time, though I’m already considering whether I should purchase more before the sale ends…
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Peridot (0.01 oz, $25): I’ve been hearing good things about these eyeliners pretty much since they were released, and I finally decided to give the formula a try. Peridot is my birthstone, so I was immediately drawn to swatch that shade in store and fell in love instantly with the bright, shimmery sage-green. The formula seems pretty pigmented too, and I look forward to playing around with this fun color.
- Bumble and bumble The Hairdresser’s Set Sp(oil)ed Silly ($39): This set includes a 2 oz Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Shampoo, 2 oz Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Conditioner, and 3.4 oz Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil, for a combined total value of $66. The hair oil is a full-size product, while the shampoo and conditioner are travel-size. This was a no-brainer for me, as the hair oil is one of my favorites, and the full size product retails for $40 on its own.
- J.ONE Black Jelly Pack (1.69 oz, $47): I’ve heard a lot of good things about both this and the original Jelly Pack (1.69 oz, $42), but as I’m trying to be pickier about what I spend money on, I decided to go with this one, since it’s an overnight mask, while the original is more for daytime use.
- Sephora Favorites Lashtash ($48, $132 value): I have never been disappointed with a Sephora Favorites set, and this mascara set is no different. I purchased a smaller Lashtash in the VIB sale two years ago, and even splitting the set with my sister, I only used up all the mascaras earlier this year. The set this year boasts seven deluxe size mascaras, two full size mascaras, and one pair of false lashes. I’ll definitely be splitting this set with my sister again.
- Sephora Favorites Beauty Sleep ($30, $92 value): This is already sold out on the site, so I won’t be able to share a link with you guys. I originally had planned to purchase a slightly larger skincare Sephora Favorites set, since it contained a deluxe sample of the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial (1.69 oz, $80), but it sold out before I could place my order. I’m not mad at this set, though – it contains deluxe samples of: (1) Origins High-Potency Night-A-Min (1.7 oz, $44), a great nighttime moisturizer, (2) Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Transforming Gel (1.7 oz, $48), previously known as the Invigorating Night Treatment, (3) Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum (1 oz, $90), (4) Sunday Riley LUNA Sleeping Night Oil (1 oz, $105), a universal favorite that I’ve been wanting to try, (5) Kate Somerville + Retinol Firming Eye Cream (0.5 oz, $85), (6) GLAMGLOW DREAMDUO Overnight Transforming Treatment (0.68 oz DREAMSERUM and 0.68 oz DREAMSEAL, $59), and (7) Living proof Perfect hair Day night cap overnight perfector (4 oz, $28).
- NEST Black Tulip (0.1 oz, 100 points): I’m a fan of NEST fragrances, so I wanted to give this one a try. This is a warm floral scent that features key notes of black amber plum, pink pepper, and Japanese violet. The full size is 1.7 oz and retails for $72.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. C + E antiOXIDANT Protect + Repair Moisturizer (0.27 oz, 100 points): This seems similar to the Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizer (1.7 oz, $28.50), so I wanted to get it to compare the two. The Sunday Riley full size is 1.7 oz and retails for $65.
A few more final tips for those of you who don’t shop often at Sephora:
- The VIB sale is a great time for you to purchase more expensive products that you’ve always wanted to try but never wanted to pay full price for.
- Always watch out for the Sephora Favorites and other gift sets. In order to get a good deal, make sure the product description also tells you what the value of the box is – if it doesn’t, it means the gift set isn’t actually cheaper. The high value sets are also a great opportunity to try more expensive products without committing to a full size purchase. The samples are also great for traveling.
- If you’re trying to meet a shipping minimum, purchase sheet masks or little mask pods. Sephora has a bunch, including some hand and face masks as well. There’s a lot you can find under $10, and there’s never any harm in stocking up on masks 🙂
What have you purchased or are you planning to purchase during this year’s VIB sale?