With all the temptation and spending that comes with the holiday season, I thought it’d be nice to balance my Sephora haul (and other upcoming hauls…) with an anti-haul.
Although I’ve gotten a lot better about making more informed, thought-out purchases in the last couple of years, this anti-haul will also be a good reminder to myself that money not spent is better than money spent on a product I wouldn’t otherwise use or want to try.
Before I begin with the anti-haul, I have to admit that I went ahead and purchased the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial (1.69 oz, $80). I was partially motivated by maintaining my Rouge status, but mainly, it seems like a universally loved product, and is unique enough that I probably wouldn’t find a dupe easily, if at all. I’m excited to try it and share my thoughts on it with you 🙂
Although most of the products are carried at Sephora, this list will also include products from other brands (mainly Glossier). I’ll be honest here – my reasons for not purchasing items are all pretty similar… so feel free to skip through my descriptions for each product/brand.
- FENTY BEAUTY: I am a huge Rihanna fan, and I love the message behind the brand, but my makeup inventory is just way too full for more makeup products. I was tempted to get both the Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer (0.3 oz, $18) and the Starlit Hyper-Glitz Lipstick in Supermoon (0.45 oz, $19), which I swatched in store and was super pretty, but in the end I decided not to because I’m not a lip gloss user, and there are other lip products that I would rather purchase to try. The highlighters look beautiful, so I may purchase them in the future when I actually need a new highlighter.
- FRESH Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner (8.4 fl oz, $44): As soon as this was released earlier this year, I had added it to my VIB sale purchase list. It’s gotten rave reviews, and just looks so pretty with the real rose petals in the bottle. However, I passed on this in the end, because I already have much more affordable toners that are already extremely effective.
- SON & PARK Beauty Water (11.49 fl oz, $30): Same reason as for the Fresh toner 🙂
- MILK MAKEUP: Every time Milk comes out with a new product, I am so tempted to purchase it. I really like the idea of their makeup – easy, for the on-the-go girl – but I find their items on the pricier side for what they are, and with the state of my current makeup inventory, I really don’t find it necessary to own anymore makeup items. That being said, I do own two items from them, one of which I would possibly repurchase.
- Pat McGrath Labs: Everything from the brand looks beautiful, but I don’t wear makeup often enough to want to spend that much on any of the products they offer.
- NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment (0.18 oz, $26): I’ll be honest – I was tempted. I haven’t really ever been disappointed with NARS products, and this has gotten rave reviews everywhere. But I’m not a fan of matte lip products, and am extremely picky about liquid formulations. That being said, I am planning on purchasing a Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick (0.25 oz, $24) at some point.
- Glossier Face Serums Set ($65 for 3 serums): I was planning to get this when I hauled some Glossier, but then I realized that each serum – Super Bounce, Super Pure, and Super Glow – had a dupe or similar product that could be found in The Ordinary line for a fraction of the price. I really enjoy some of Glossier’s products and the brand as a whole, but I personally just did not find that this $65 would be money well spent.
I could go on and on about what I am not buying and why, but I’ll stop here 🙂 What are some things you decided not to purchase or will not be purchasing in these holiday months?