My second empties post! It’s been two months since my previous empties post, but I don’t really use up products frequently enough to merit monthly empties posts. Besides the usual beauty products, this month’s empties also includes a candle!
- The Ordinary Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10% (30 ml, $9.60): This is the first product I used up from the brand overview of The Ordinary I posted a few months ago. I really wanted to like this, but it didn’t really do much for me. It is a lower potency Vitamin C product though, so I will definitely be trying out some of The Ordinary’s other vitamin C products.
- belif Bergamot Herbal Extract Toner (200 ml, $28): Pictured here is a travel size version that came as part of belif’s Bestsellers On-The-Go Travel Kit (5 travel size products, $20). This was a permanent part of my travel bag that I always keep on me until I used it up. I love belif, but this toner was unmemorable for me. It did its job, but didn’t leave much of an impression either. I will not be repurchasing this, unless I purchase the travel kit again.
- Tatcha The Water Cream (1.7 oz, $68; 100 points at Sephora for the deluxe size pictured here): I really wanted to like this, because I’m a big fan of water moisturizers, which I feel give plenty of hydration without being too greasy or heavy. However, this one was a bit disappointing. It wasn’t horrible by any means, but I was really underwhelmed, especially considering this product’s price. Belif’s Aqua Bomb (1.68 oz, $38) is a slightly more affordable alternative that, in my opinion, provides more moisture and even has a soothing effect to it.
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser (1.7 oz, $15 or 5.1 oz, $38): This was a very nice, gentle cleanser. To me, it’s pretty similar to Glossier’s Milky Jelly Cleanser (6 fl oz, $18), though I like the Milky Jelly Cleanser more – the fact that it’s cheaper than this Fresh one helps too.
- Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo in Lush Scent (3.3 oz, $23): I did not like this. It did a decent job of cleaning my hair, but the white cast was insane, and the scent was way too strong. There’s one an Original Scent, but at this point I’d rather move on to try other dry shampoos.
- Archaeology Candle in Spiced Tobacco (small tin can, ~$5.99): I love picking up candles at Nordstrom Rack and Marshall’s because there are always some nice ones there that are at an affordable price point. This one in particular, I purchased at Nordstrom Rack. I enjoyed the smokey scent, except I think I messed up the wick somehow – after just a handful of times lighting this candle, it started generating an insane amount of smoke, so I had to toss it 😦
- Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid (4 fl oz, $29): This has been a part of my skincare routine for a very long time, but my skin has grown out of this.
- Nature’s Republic Hand Cream in Honey: My friend gifted me this when she came back from Korea a couple of years ago, and it’s been a great lotion to keep on my desk at work. However, I recently realized it has expired 😦
What have you been using up recently?