Biossance is a skincare company based in the Bay Area (yay!) that has its focus on effective, safe skincare that also does not harm the environment or animals. One of the core ingredients in the majority of their products is squalane, something that your skin naturally has, but which your body makes less of over the years, and Biossance harvests this squalane from a sustainable source, sugarcane.
I’ve long heard many good things about Biossance products, specifically their bestselling Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil (1 oz, $72), and the company’s focus on clean beauty only furthered my interest in what it had to offer. A couple of months ago, I finally decided to give some Biossance products a try.
Products in My Collection
Out of the five products pictures, I’ve tried three. I’ve included my thoughts on the ones I’ve tried below:
- Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil (deluxe sample pictured here – full size is 1 oz, $72): I really enjoyed this, though honestly, I’m not sure if I would commit to a full-size product, as it’s quite pricey, and I have lower-priced oils that work just as well, if not better. I love the sample system that Biossance has on its site (more about this below) and will likely get a sample of this again in the future. I kept this in my travel pouch, and it got quite a few uses before I ran out.
- 100% Squalane Oil (deluxe sample pictured here – full size is 3.4 oz, $58): I probably enjoyed this even more than the Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil, because this one is multi-use. I particularly enjoyed using it on my hair. I will be repurchasing this in the future.
- Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel (0.5 oz, $54): I haven’t used this yet, but it’s next in line after I use up my current nighttime eye cream.
- Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer (1.6 oz, $52): I’ve been using this for a couple of weeks now as my daytime moisturizer, and I really enjoy it. My skin definitely feels more radiant since I started using this. The packaging is also great – it’s a pretty hefty feeling tub that feels like it could double as a weapon. I love trying new moisturizers so it’s difficult to say whether I’ll come back to it, but it’s definitely on the top of my list of repurchases if I don’t discover something new I’ll want to try.
- Squalane + Antioxidant Cleansing Cloths (25 cloths for $18): I received one cloth as a sample when I purchased the eye gel and moisturizer. I’ve yet to try this, but I’m keeping it in my beauty bag in my purse right now, on hand in case I ever need a makeup wipe. To be honest, I’m not sure I’ll ever purchase the full box, since I much prefer just getting drugstore wipes.
Biossance’s “Free” Sample Offering
As their products are pretty pricey, I really appreciate that they offer “free” samples to try via their site. For just a $5 shipping fee, you can choose from three different sets of deluxe samples.
- Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil and the 100% Squalane Oil
- Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel and 100% Squalane Oil
- Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer and Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil
All but the Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer sample are 4 ml (or approximately 0.14 oz). The gel moisturizer sample is 3 ml. When I got the samples, only option 1 was available, and personally, I think it’s where you’ll get the most bang for your buck. Oils only require a few drops per use, whereas a moisturizer or eye cream would require more.
Overall, I’m impressed, but not mindblown, by their products. They’ve released new products since I did this mini-haul though, and I’m definitely interested in giving those a try.
Have you tried Biossance products before?